Do you want to know about stroller safety features and tips for keeping your baby safe in a stroller? Then this article might help you.
As a parent, you always want the best for your baby. Buying a stroller for a baby is not a piece of cake. Buying a stroller is like buying a car. But when you get a stroller, the stroller should be safe for your baby. And the stroller safety starts with finding the right stroller for your little one.
Read this article full to know about stroller safety features and tips for keeping your baby safe in a stroller.
Which type of stroller do you need?
Not all strollers are the same. You have to buy a stroller as your need.
- If you are looking for a stroller for newborns and everyday use, you should buy a sturdy, lightweight stroller.
- You can buy umbrella strollers for quick trips, and they are also great for traveling.
- If you are a runner and always want to keep yourself fit, you need a jogging stroller. A jogging stroller allows you to go jogging with your little one in it.
- If you have twins or triplets, you will need a double stroller or stroller for triplets.
- If you have a tight budget, you should buy a low-priced stroller and safe, comfortable for your baby.
Features you should check before buying a stroller
- Newborns: If you want to buy a stroller for your newborn, the stroller should be fully reclining. A newborn baby cannot sit up properly. So it would help if you bought a stroller which has a fully reclining mechanism. So that your baby can lie flat on her back comfortably. Also, it would help if you kept in mind that most jogging strollers aren’t designed to recline. So they aren’t recommended for babies before the age of six months.
2. Safety: Always check the stroller’s safety features first before buying them. Most of the strollers come with 3 or 5-point harnesses.
3. Canopy: Always buy a stroller that has a canopy and a good ventilation system. The top will keep your baby safe from harmful UV rays, and it will allow you to enjoy sunny days with your baby.
4. Travel System: A travel system allows you to move your child’s car seat from your vehicle to a stroller base. You are using car safety seats for sleep when not traveling can pose a risk to newborns. That’s why experts suggest not to let your child sleep or relax in the car seat for more than two hours.
5. Easy Brakes: Buy a stroller that has brakes that are easy to operate. Some of the strollers have brakes that lock two wheels which is an exceptional safety feature. And you should be careful that your baby can’t reach the brake release lever.
6. Wide Base: Buy strollers that have a broad base. They are less likely to tip over.
7. Single Footrest: If you buy a side-by-side double stroller, choose one with a single footrest extending across both sitting areas. Because tiny feet can get trapped between separate footrests.
How to keep your baby safe in the stroller
- Always put comfortable clothes on your baby so that your baby feels comfortable in the stroller.
- Always stay close. Never leave the baby in a stroller alone.
- Always grab your stroller brake whenever you stop the stroller.
- It would help if you never parked the stroller on a slope.
- Whenever you go outside with your baby in the stroller, always buckle your baby’s harness and seat belt.
- Always be careful with toys. If you hang toys from a stroller bumper bar to keep your child calm, check carefully that the toys are securely jointed.
- It would help if you never hung bags in the stroller’s handlebar because it can make the stroller tip over. Use the stroller’s basket to keep things.
- Always keep your child away from the stroller when you open and fold it, or else the baby’s tiny fingers can get caught in the stroller joint.
- Always make sure that the stroller is locked open before putting the baby in it.
- In summer, don’t keep your baby in the stroller for a long time because it can make the stroller’s plastic and metal pieces hot enough to burn your baby. And also, harmful UV rays can burn your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Always use extra padding on the seat, cushion, and shoulder strap. Or else newborns can be irritated with these kinds of stuff.
- Always keep the stroller clean to protect your baby from germs.
As a parent, you are always worried about your baby’s safety. You always want to keep your baby safe. When you are using a stroller, there are many things that you should be careful about. If you don’t buy the right stroller for your baby and do not become cautious about the baby’s safety, that can cause a big accident. This article is written about – safety features and tips for keeping your baby safe in the stroller to allow you and your little angel to have a safe and comfortable ride.