Parents always want the best for their babies. Babies have a weaker immune system, so it is important to maintain hygiene. The stroller you use every day for your little one, you should always keep clean. Today in this article, we will talk about how to get mold out of fabric in the stroller.
A stroller is the most usable and most essential baby product for parents. This is the best way for transportation. The stroller makes the parent’s life easier. With a stroller, you can easily carry your baby wherever you want. But the strollers also need special care. And like another part of the stroller, the fabric also requires special care. It would help if you always kept it clean, or else it can develop mold. Molds can grow if you keep your stroller in a damp area for a long time.
Read below to know more about- how to get mold out of fabric in the stroller.
What is Mold?
First, we must know what mold is and why it is so dangerous for our babies. Mold is a fungus that is found almost everywhere. It also has many varieties. Like- white, black, orange, green, and purple.
This fungus is harmless, but some people have mold sensitivity, which can cause a health issue if they breathe in the mold spores. And we all know that babies’ lungs are weak. If the mold starts developing, the spores can spread into the air, which can cause a severe breathing problem.
If you keep your stroller for a certain period in a wet area or leave the gear wet, then the fabric can spread mold stain. Removing mold out of the fabric can be tricky work if you don’t know the right tricks.
How to get mold out of the fabric in a stroller?
There can be a lot of reasons that can cause a mold stain in a stroller fabric. But you will be happy to know that mold is very easy to clean. There are too many methods to remove mold. Some of them are-
- Sunlight: The first step to remove mold is- change the stroller location from the damp area and keep it in the sunlight.If you keep the stroller in a damp area for a long time, the stroller can have mold stain. Always store the stroller in a dry place. And check it once a week.
- Toothbrush: You can use a toothbrush to remove the mold out of the fabric easily. You can use a new brush. While doing this job, be aware of inhaling any spores. You can wear a mask and gloves to protect yourself. And make sure that the brush is thrown away after cleaning.
- Water, white vinegar, lemon: This solution is very effective for removing mold if the stroller fabric has a light mold stain. You can also use this solution to clean other parts of the stroller.
- Water, baking soda: To make this solution, take 1 to 1 ½ cups of water in a spray bottle and add one-quarter spoon of baking soda. Then shake the bottle hard to dissolve the baking soda perfectly. This solution will also prevent it from growing back. Use this solution on your stroller once a month for a better result.
- White vinegar, baking soda: If your stroller fabric has a tough mold stain, use white vinegar and baking soda. They are great for cleaning. When the paste making is done, apply it to the fabric where the mold stain is located. Let it dry for 15 minutes. When the paste dries completely, scrub it gently.
- Bleach, sponge: Bleach is very popular for removing the toughest stains. Bleach works like magic. Take a cup of bleach and apply with a sponge directly to the mold stains. And let it sit until it looks clean. If you use bleach for cleaning, your stroller will become stain-free and brighter.
Also, Check Stroller Safety
Prevent mold from returning
- Always keep the stroller clean and wipe down the stroller regularly after every use.
- If you want to store the stroller for an extended period, keep the stroller in a dry place. Check it once a weak.
- If your baby spills food or any liquid product on the stroller, clean it up as soon as possible.
- Always try to check every inch of the stroller when searching for mold or mold regrowth.
Children are always precious to their parents. Parents always want the best for their babies. A stroller is an essential baby product. It helps parents to travel with their babies. With a stroller, life becomes more accessible. But the strollers also require special care. If you take good care of the stroller, you can use it for an extended period.
A lot of parents want to that – how to get mold out of fabric in the stroller. There can be a lot of reasons that your stroller fabric develops mold. If the environment is friendly to grow mold, there is no way to stop it. But you can follow some steps to prevent it. After reading this article, you will know about – how to get mold out of fabric in the stroller.
Mold is a fungus. They are usually harmless. But they are dangerous for little ones. Babies are susceptible. Children have a fragile immune system. So you should be careful, or else they can have severe breathing problems. Always check the stroller carefully before use. Always try to keep the stroller clean. Hygiene is essential for babies’ safety.
You should always store the stroller in such places where the mold cannot develop. And if your stroller falls in contact with the mold, please follow the above techniques. Hopefully, this article will solve your problem and give your baby a healthy ride.